Delaware Children’s Health Network (DCHN) is a physician-led clinically integrated network of providers and health care systems dedicated exclusively to kids. Our goal: collaborating to develop and implement evidence-based, data-driven clinical initiatives that improve outcomes, increase efficiency and access, and reduce costs. Together we will prepare for the future of value-based health care — providing high-quality care to kids of all ages and an enhanced experience for patients, their families, and providers.
Better Care. Healthier Kids. Reduced Costs.
- better outcomes — healthier children across the state, from birth through adolescence
- increased focus on preventive care
- improved, more proactive care coordinated across the continuum of primary, specialty, and inpatient care
- increased access to care and support services for all children’s conditions - acute and chronic, simple and complex
- reduced redundancies and gaps in care
Benefits to Participating Providers
- clinical integration amongst network participants
- focus on quality over volume
- shared resources and processes (e.g., population health management IT software, clinical standard pathways, quality data and reporting)
- shared savings (e.g., group purchasing to reduce overhead from vaccines, equipment, etc.)
- jointly negotiated managed care contracts — aligning payments and incentives with performance and care quality